Welcome to the website (the “Site”) of MorphoSys US Inc. (“MorphoSys,” “we,” “us” or “our”), a wholly owned subsidiary of MorphoSys AG (together with MorphoSys and our Affiliates, the “Company Group”). We carry out the U.S.-based commercial activities related to the biopharmaceutical therapies developed by the Company Group (collectively, including the Site, the “Services”).
If you are based in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom (“UK”), please visit the MorphoSys AG website for additional information that may be relevant to you. If you are a California resident, please see the Additional Information for California Residents section.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information that, alone or in combination with other information in our possession, identifies or relates to you (“Personal Information”) as follows:
Personal Information You Provide: We collect Personal Information you provide to us on the Site, including through the “Contact Us” page and other web forms on the Site. The Personal Information collected during these interactions may vary based on what you choose to share with us, but it will generally include your name, email address, telephone, location, etc.
Personal Information We Collect Through Our Social Media Pages: We have pages on social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Information that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Personal Information Provided Through Our Patient Support Program: In order to provide services in connection with our patient support program(s), we collect certain Personal Information from patients undergoing treatment (and their caregivers) who enroll in the program and/or their treating provider(s). This information may include name, date of birth, health insurance information, copayment information, and health records. Where this information constitutes “protected health information” subject to the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”), we will only receive that information when the patient has executed an appropriate HIPAA authorization.
Personal Information We Collect From Other Sources: We collect Personal Information from our data partners about healthcare providers, including prescribing data and habits, in order to provide the Services.
Personal Information We Receive Automatically From Your Use of the Site: When you visit, use, and interact with the Site, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Site, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Site (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site (“log data”). Log data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Usage information: We collect information about how you use our Site, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
Email Pixels: We use pixels in our email campaigns that allow us to collect your email and IP address, as well as the date and time you open an email or click on any links in the email.
2. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services and conduct commercial activities related to the Company Group’s biopharmaceutical therapies and related support services;
- To provide you with further information about our company and our products through advertising across multiple channels, including but not limited to email, direct mail, digital advertising, telephone, and other advertising channels;
- To identify you and prevent further unwanted processing if you request it and applicable law allows it;
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions;
- To send administrative information to you; for example, information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To analyze how you interact with our Site;
- To maintain and improve the content and functionality of the Site;
- To develop new products and services;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Site, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks; and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
3. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In certain circumstances, we may share your Personal Information with other entities without further notice to you, unless required by law, as set forth below:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Information with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services and cloud services, as well as other information technology service providers, event management services, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, and web analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process, or store Personal Information in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your Personal Information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that Transaction, along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
The Services are not directed to children who are under the age of 16. MorphoSys does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Information to MorphoSys through the Services, please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
5. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You use the Site at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Information, both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. In particular, email sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Site or email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information to MorphoSys via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site, or third-party websites.
7. INTERNATIONAL USERS
By using the Site, you understand and acknowledge that your Personal Information will be transferred from your location to our facilities and servers in the United States.
8. YOUR CHOICES
In certain circumstances, providing Personal Information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Information that is needed to use some features of the Site, you may be unable to use those features. You can also contact us to ask us to update or correct your Personal Information.
9. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), this section is intended to inform California residents of (1) the Personal Information that we collect and how we disclose that information, and (2) the privacy rights California residents may have relating to their Personal Information and how those rights can be exercised.
Personal Information Collection and Disclosure
- Categories of Personal Information Collected: In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of Personal Information, as described in greater detail in the “Personal Information We Collect” section above:
- Identification Information, such as your name, email address, home address, and telephone number.
- Professional Information, such as your academic background, educational and professional qualifications; your right to work, visa status, employment history and status; and any other information about you that you disclose to us during the application process.
- Online Activity Information, such as the details of the use of the Site by you, the visits to the Site, traffic data, the type of Internet browser, and the operating system of the device you use to access the Site.
- Commercial Information, such as insurance, payment, and billing information.
- Sources of Personal Information: We collect the above categories of Personal Information from you, healthcare providers, our data partners, and as otherwise described in the “Personal Information We Collect” section above.
- Purposes of Collection and Disclosure: We collect and disclose the above categories of Personal Information for the business and commercial purposes described in the “How We Use Personal Information” and “Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information” sections above.
- Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose: In the past 12 months, we have disclosed for a business purpose all of the above categories of Personal Information as described in the “Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information” section above.
- Categories of Personal Information Sold: We have not sold any categories of Personal Information in the past 12 months.
California Privacy Rights
To the extent provided for by the CCPA and subject to applicable exceptions and exclusions, California residents have the following privacy rights in relation to the Personal Information we collect:
- The right to know what personal information we have collected and how we have used and disclosed that Personal Information.
- The right to request deletion of your Personal Information.
- The right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information.
- The right to be free from discrimination for the exercise of any of your privacy rights.
Exercising Your Rights: California residents can exercise the above privacy rights by calling 1-877-MOR-1992 or emailing us at email@example.com
Verification: In order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access or deletion, we may require you to verify your credentials before you can submit a request to know or delete Personal Information. If you do not have an account with us, or if we suspect fraudulent or malicious activity, we may ask you to provide additional Personal Information for verification. If we cannot verify your identity, we will not provide or delete your Personal Information.
Authorized Agents: You may submit a request to know or a request to delete your Personal Information through an authorized agent. If you do so, we may require the agent to present signed written permission to act on your behalf and you may also be required to independently verify your identity with us and confirm that you have provided the agent permission to submit the request.
Third-party Marketing: If you are a California resident and wish to opt out of sharing your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly state your request, including your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
11. CONTACT US
MorphoSys US Inc.
470 Atlantic Avenue
Boston, MA 02210
United States of America